Other Service Provider (OSP) License
What is an OSP?
A company providing Application Services is an Other Service Provider (OSP). These Application Services are delivered using telecommunication resources to provide services such as E-telephone banking, Tele-medicine, Tele-education, Tele-trading, E-commerce, Call center, Network operations center and other IT enabled services, by using Telecom Resources provided by Authorized Telecom service providers.
An OSP Centre is the infrastructure which is setup at a location in India which is used by the OSP for providing the Application Services. A Domestic OSP provides the Application Services within India, whereas an International OSP provides the Application Services outside of India.
As per the New Telecom Policy (NTP) of 1999, any company or service provider delivering ‘Applications Services’ by using telecom resources will be need to apply for a license.
Obtaining an OSP
Any registered company interested in providing Application Services is eligible to apply for an OSP License. The company applying for OSP registration must be a company registered under Indian Companies Act, 1956. A company can apply for registration to the respective Telecom Enforcement, Resource and Monitoring (TERM) Cells based on the location of the OSP/Telemarketing Centre.
Types of OSP Registration
- Domestic Call Centers: Registration for call centers catering primarily to domestic clients.
- International Call Centers: License and registration for call centers serving international clients with their outsourcing needs.
- Standalone Domestic Call Centre
- Network Operation Center
- Vehicle Tracking Systems: Offering state of the art vehicle tracking systems
- Long Range Alarm Systems: This allows companies and individuals to keep an eye on their property like home or vehicles even when they are out of range of conventional tracking methods.
- Bill Payment Terminals:This is a very specific financial service and requires a robust and secure system running on a reliable platform.
- Other IT Enabled Services
Documents Required for an OSP
- Certificate of Incorporation of Private Limited Company
- Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Articles of Association (AOA)
- Board of Resolution or Power of Attorney authorizing the authorized signatory
- Name of Business and Activities Proposed
- List of Directors
- List of the Shareholders of the Company
The above documents must be certified with seal by a Company Secretary or Director of the Company or Statutory Auditor or Public Notary.
Benefits of Obtaining OSP
- Fulfilling legal requirements for running a business such as a call center.
- Certain International and Indian clients specifically require your company to hold an OSP license before any project work can be delegated.
- Easy to expand existing business to include OSP services delivery.
Why Choose India Tax Help getting OSP?
Benefits of choosing India Tax Helpto assist you with obtaining an OSP is:
- Expert consultants with years of experience at your disposal.
- We take care of checking the validity of your documents and filing all the necessary paperwork on your behalf.
- Help with renewals, multiple license registrations, and transfer of ownership.